Firmware evolution at end of august
Here are the new features added to Anytone ATD-868UV (firmware 2.32) and to its CPS software (v1.32), there is now the APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System) feature included !
- All zeros that were displayed in 0 are now crossed out, in Ø, on the Anytone ATD-868UV display.
- In the rig menu, Talk Group => TG List => Select => Select Contact, allows you to assign a newTG for the current channel. This is to be used after creating a new channel.
- (Reminder) Create a new channel:
- Hold pressing MENU key, until the LCD display “Next Please Press Dial Key”,
- Press P1 key, the radio will enter into new channel setup.
- Delete an existing channel:
- Turn to the channel firstly,
- hold pressing MENU key, until the LCD display “Next Please Press Dial Key”,
- press P2 key, the radio will allow deleting the channel.
3. Fixed time error in Call Log => Last Call => Last Call List.
4. Acceleration of the switching time from one zone to another with the up and down keys.
5. In the CPS- software, menu Optional Setting => Display => CH Switching Keeps Last Caller, allows to keep the display of the last heard station when
you change channels.
6. Added feature: APRS GPS position transmission via DMR network. See detailed APRS settings below.
Step 1: Activate APRS on the channel
You must first select one of your channels as the default APRS channel. APRS beacon will be emit on the frequencies, color code, and timeslot corresponding to the repeater or hotspot you are using.
Open the channel settings screen and select :
- APRS Report on ‘On”
- APRS Report Channel at 1
Step 2: Set up the APRS data
1. Open from the left menu the “Digital APRS Information” screen
2. In the “Digital APRS Information” screen, enter the beacon transmission period in manual [Manual Tx Intervals].
3. Enter[APRS Auto TX Intervals] (in seconds)
4. Define the power level of the APRS beacon (for hotspots, prefer the low level (Low))
5. Fixed GPS Beacon (This to mean that the beacon is a fixed point or GPS origin)
- Not Used: APRS beacons are sent from the GPS position. The GPS must first be activated and the GPS position determined (measured) by the Anytone.
- Used : APRS beacons are sent using the fixed point defined in the “ddd.ddddd” box.
6. Enter your fixed position in decimal format
7. Enter the destination identifier of the APRS beacon and its call type (generally Private). Specify the transmission timeslot (typically the one corresponding to the channel – step 1 – You can then leave the Channel Slot setting)
To find the destination number of the APRS tag, refer to the brandmeister wiki site. You will normally find this information on the country page. Be careful, choose the country according to the Master used by the repeater or hotspot. Here F5ZKS uses the master 2281, which is in Switzerland. In this case the TG Private is 5057. For a repeater on master France, the TG Private is 208999. In US, the APRS TG destination is in private call 310999.
8. Users of repeater or hotspot connected to Brandmeister will define in their SelfCare account the Motorola brand for the Anytone tranceiver.
APRS positioning results
Here is a listing of the raw APRS data, via the DMR F5ZKS repeater (MMDVM technology) and the Hotspot F5UII
28/08/2018 23:05:46+02:00: F5UII-14>APBM1D,F5ZKS,DMR*,qAR,F5ZKS:@210545h4744.66N/00724.88E>16./000 www.f5uii.net 28/08/2018 23:06:49+02:00: F5UII-14>APBM1D,F5ZKS,DMR*,qAR,F5ZKS:@210648h4744.66N/00724.88E>16./000 www.f5uii.net 28/08/2018 23:07:52+02:00: F5UII-14>APBM1D,F5ZKS,DMR*,qAR,F5ZKS:@210751h4744.66N/00724.88E>16./000 www.f5uii.net 28/08/2018 23:08:58+02:00: F5UII-14>APBM1D,F5UII,DMR*,qAR,F5UII:@210857h4744.66N/00724.88E>16./000 www.f5uii.net 28/08/2018 23:09:31+02:00: F5UII-14>APBM1D,F5UII,DMR*,qAR,F5UII:@210930h4744.66N/00724.88E>16./000 www.f5uii.net 28/08/2018 23:09:52+02:00: F5UII-14>APBM1D,F5UII,DMR*,qAR,F5UII:@210951h4744.66N/00724.88E>16./000 www.f5uii.net
Download firmware 2.32
Follow the update procedure available in the article Discover Anytone AT-D868UV, what is it really worth? 📶 and in particular the step of updating icons (some are added for APRS)
Hardware V1.0 — Please use the firmware V1.32 for updating the radio.
Hardware V1.1 — Please use the firmware V2.32 for updating the radio.
- Download the Firmware 2.32 for Anytone ATD-868U D868UV V2.32 FW version official released.zip
- Download the Firmware 1.32 for Anytone ATD-868U D868UV V1.32 FW version official released.zip
France repeater Codeplug
A codeplug is available with 121 french repeater. After open it with the CPS software including APRS beacons on TG208, mind to modify your CSS7 ID
- Download the “France” Codeplug for ATD-868UV 1.32/2.32 AT-D868UV v2.32 -France-APRS- F5UII-28-08-2018.rdt