About the PlutoDVB patch
I offer a patch for PlutoDVB (since the 22/08/2020 alpha version which uses the firmare analog device, version 0.32).
You can find here the different patch versions. You install the patches at your own risk of damage, no warranty is associated with the softwares. Also for the new hadware revision D of the Adalm Pluto, for PTT switching via GPO ports, you will find also on this page patches for last 0201 firmware and perseverance 0303 version.
You can comment on this page (only in english), and report any problem you would have noticed. Please clearly specify the versions used (basic firmware and patch). It will be used to improve the software.
Since 18/02/2021, a new firmware is borned : PlutoDVB Perseverance.
Patch, firmware versions
- BATC spectrum (only if client is online) – Thanks to the BATC/AMSAT-UK ‘s fabulous reception and streaming installation, we benefit from the spectrum of the real-time television transponder, broadcast over the internet.
- Change transmit frequency by click on a channel
- Up frequencies added to Robertor’s channel list
- Reboot command
- Restore firmware by deleting added patches
- Some html format compliance mods (bolded odd columns, uniform presentation of units in the table, adding a tab icon on Controller page)
- Bug Correction : When click on the spectrum, calculation with Local Oscillator (transverter) is used to calculated IF.
- 25% width colums table, Button and slider designed in standard colors
- Minitiouner Receiver control by clicking on a channel of the spectrum with its setup fields and Help tab – Even if the patch is includind in 2908 Alpha version, is not currently functional
- Retractable spectrum
- Saving parameters operational (Spectrum & Minitiouner Receiver control panel)
- Minitiouner steering operational
- Adding the gateway address in setup (one reboot is necessary after applying Setup).
- Help description completed
- Copy to clipboard the RTMP URL string (Access by clicking on horizontal bars channle of QO100 spectrum)
- (In dev : button independant of the spectrum)
- Multiple modulator memory (tabbed system) big program evolution🤯
- Transmission time counter with totalizer of the switchover and duration
- Internal temperatures of the PlutoSDR (Suggested here on a comment by Greg SV2RR)
- Focus on null packets on the analysis page, with some formatting
- Github commits history on Documentation page
Right click on modulator profiles, gives 4 features:
- lock the profile
- unlock the profile
- Duplicate the current active modulator
- Copy of callsign, program name and power from the active modulator tab to all unlocked profiles
- Two keyboard shortcuts on the Controller page
- F9 : Apply settings
- F10 : PTT toggle
- Analysis page, reception image displayed with crossfade
- Release Notes on Document page
- Formatting the columns of the files contained in the patch
A new version so that DVB DATV become more instinctive.
Features of perseverance version :
- Plutodvb can be controlled by the IoT (internet of things) protocol MQTT. See this dedicated help page about MQTT PlutoDVB topics.
- A new setup page with
- Mode selector (you can switch to narrow band use while keeping a TS video stream in direction of PlutoDVB)
- Maximum Power limitation
- Power level conversion (absolute power translation)
- Startup position (auto-transmit at startup allowed/disallowed)
- Transmiting watchdog (soon)
- OBS Studio steering
- By clicking on a spectrum frequency channel (horizontal bar), the RTMP parameter line is paste directly in OBS Studio stream parameters
- two buttons are added on controler to steer Stream and Record in OBS Studio
UII2.2 patch is also included in the PlutoDVB firmware 2110 : pluto.zip (26,6Mb)
UII2.3 patch is also included in the
- PlutoDVB firmware 2711 : pluto.zip (26,6Mb)
- PlutoDVB firmware 2212 : pluto.zip (26,6Mb)
- PlutoDVB firmware 2312 : pluto.zip (26,6Mb)
- PlutoDVB firmware 3112 : pluto.zip (26,6Mb) (shortframe well managed)
💾patch.zip Read carefully instruction below.
- PlutoDVB firmware 0201 : pluto.zip (26,6Mb) This firmware is also included new feature which is not part of the 2.4 patch (early part of 2.5) : Manual steering of the H265Box. Please report all in comments any malfunctions or improvements you notice.
Patch for PlutoSDR Rev. D hardware
💾 PlutoDVB Patch Detection Hardware Revision firmware 0201.zip : This patch must be apply on 0201 firmware for compatibility of new hardware Revision D of Adalm Pluto.
latest version usually available on firmware.hackhamradio.com/perseverance
- PlutoDVB perseverance firmware 2002 : pluto.zip (26,6M)
- PlutoDVB perseverance firmware 2402 : pluto.zip (26,6M)
- You can drive OBS Studio with PlutoDVB
- You need to install the websocket plugin to OBS Studio. (Remote-control OBS Studio from WebSockets Plugin – for download, see Install instructions)
- The main feature is, usefull when you are working in RTMP mode, to write directly in OBS Studio the command line with the corresponding parameters (Parameters/Stream/Server). This action takes place when you click on a channel (horizontal segment of the QO100 spectrum) . OBS Studio must be started before you load the controller page. You are also be able to activate streaming or recording from the buttons on the controler page.
- You can drive OBS Studio with PlutoDVB
- PlutoDVB perseverance firmware 0303 :pluto.zip(26,6M)
- Correction : on modulator change during transmiting, no more changes applying (current charasteritic stay the same, no MQTT send)
- You can now drive PlutoDVB by an external software via MQTT with plutodvb/subvar topic. The display will follow your request. Make sure that what is sent is compatible and correct. Here MQTT dictionary.
- Audio enhancement, re-encoded by PlutoDVB (does not work with an audio mono source)
Patch for PlutoSDR Rev. D hardware
💾PlutoDVB Patch Detection Hardware Revision firmware perseverance 0303.zip This patch must be apply on 0303 perseverance firmware for compatibility of new hardware Revision D of Adalm Pluto.
(Thanks to Yves F4HSL 👍) – You have no more need to do this system commands with UII2.1c : in some circumstances, if your minitiouner is not controlled, it is necessary to add a right default gateway in the pluto.
Connect you to the pluto with SSH protocol (with a terminal like putty for example):
login as : root password : analog route add default gw 192.168.1.1
Where 192.168.1.1 is the adress of your gateway (router).
UII2.1c, UII2.2, UII2.3
On the controller page, upload the zip file by the “Upload a new firmware or new patch” section. Wait the reboot and read the Help tab.
The UII2.2 is included in PlutoDVB firmware 2110. Install the firmware.
- by the “Upload a new firmware or new patch” section, or
- by copy the pluto.frm file on the disk drive of your Pluto, that is connected on an USB port. Eject the drive, and wait several minutes that the firmware is written (processing detailed here)
⚠️ Can only be installed on the alpha firmware 2711, or alpha firmware 2212, or alpha firmware 2312
The UII1 patch is included in main firmware version 2708 Alpha
- You must clear the cache of your browser (CTRL + F5).
- Previous patches are not compatible with the perseverance version; consider deleting your patch already loaded on the Pluto
Do not forget to do [CTRL]-[F5] on your browser Windows: [CTRL]-[F5] Mac/Apple: Apple + [R] or command + [R] Linux: [F5]
Provide a auto/manuel selector for controling the picture definition of the black encoder h264/h265.
- Copy frequency and also SR to modulator (right clic on spectrum)
- Add multiple minitiouner steering
- Longmynd steering
Tabs modulator for transmission memories Display temperatures of Pluto Display % of null packets on controller page Steering manualy the definition and video rate of encoding H264/H265 Chinese encoder (and why not an Automatic control of the video stream bitrate according to the null packet rate).
- Automatic Steering Minitiouner from channel to channel (scanning)
- Dynamic text generator for insertion in OBS Studio (Power with conversion, Callsign, Software version, Transmission characteristic, Transmission duration, …)
Backup (export) and restore (import) modulator profiles
Your feature ideas are welcome, in comments below. Not everything is possible, but don’t deprive yourself, write down your ideas.
GitHub place for developper
Help or donate
you can help me to continue the developments and projects around plutoSDR, You have the choice of one of three ways to do this
Amazon wish list
by making a gift purchase of an item from Amazon wish list.