After the online resources to mount its full duplex MMDVM digital repeater based on Arduino and Nucleo STM32F4, here is the time to explain how to set up a “homemade” access point (Hotspot) MMDVM based on a few simple elements:
- A “STM32Duino” board based on STM32F103 CPU, which we will program with MMDVM (firmware)
- A RF transmitter/receiver UHF RF7021SE (ADF7021) circuit board providing a few RF milliwatts
- a simple PCB circuit that allows the interconnection of the STM32F103 and RF part
- and always the Raspberry Pi (to host MMDVMHost).
- For firmware loading purposes, a TTL serial USB adapter
The purpose of this article is to guide you step by step through the process of assembling the physical parts and then to explain you the software configuration. We will complete the installation with a user-friendly Wifi connection management software (RaspAp).