The AT-D868UV firmware
- Digital monitoring (Digi Mon Menu) single slot, and double slot (called “Promiscious” mode on other stations, allowing to receive one or two timeslots, regardless of the talkgroup) – Timeslot switchable on a programmable key (firmware 2.30)
- Good audio modulation quality selectable
- Among other data, Import of code bases by the CPS software
- Import mask (Menu Tools / Import)
- Audio recordings (still erratic on my tests)
- Channel capacity per zone (up to 250 per zone)
- Simplified zone change, without going through a menu (up/down arrow directly on the keyboard)
- 5 programmable function keys (i.e. 10 direct commands thanks to short press and long press)
- 1 Watt speaker, allowing listening in a noisy environment – Excellent audio quality.
- Automatic switch-off of the talky-walky without activity after a programmable delay.
Things to improve
These points to be improved (or tested again) concern:
- GPS position transmission in APRS beacon (Brandmeister announces for the moment that the format is not supported – will it be developed?)
- The transmission of SMS via network, remains to test (and discover the two types of SMS).
- Analog reception noise with the original antenna. A first impression is that reception is less sensitive than it could be. I didn’t make any measurements about it to be more formal.
Without any alternative firmware to be installed, this A,ytone AT-D868UV is rich in features, very complete. It allows to store all analog FM repeaters and also DMR on both VHF and UHF bands. The ergonomics of the software is well done, copy/paste of channels facilitate their definitions, the import of the worldwide station identifiers is simplistic (A compatible database is available on this site to integrate by the Menu Tools / import).
To conclude, the Anytone AT-868-UV is very well-made, and seems robust. This VHF and UHF Anytone AT-D868UVE handy is very complete, and intrasequentially good quality. Its autonomy is adequate and further improved with the 3100mAh Li-ion battery. Some bugs are still potentially present in the firmware, but the updates are very followed by the manufacturer (currently monthly rhythm). The programming software is also very complete.
In conclusion of its use, I think I can announce that the ATD868UV is fabulous for its quality / price ratio.
You wish to ask me questions about one or the other feature, or to share with the readers of the blog your experiences that you would have realized yourself with the AT-D868UV, the comments of this article are at your disposal.
So good traffic in DMR!